View Single Post
Old 09-06-13, 03:38 PM   #116
Din

Din has a spectacular aura aboutDin has a spectacular aura about
Lack of time is irritating !

simply have not had the time !

basically... me and Vard got board looking at diagrams... and said, balls... put the 400 loom in.

This in itself is a major challenge, and incredibly time consuming...

But im halfway through putting the dash back in at the moment..

Also... when carmadbaker said "label everything"... he was right !

What the hell are these for lol.

Also, the clock has a completely different plug on it, i presume this is simply because the old 400 type clock got inf from the radio as well... i think i will just dispense with those other wires and just use the four i need (colours match up).

One other thing... there is a pink wire that comes out the 5as unit (grey plug)... that someone had twisted and taped a wire too... god knows what thats for ????

Oh, and before i put the engine in i also swapped my speedodrives over.

And replaced my pas pump gasket.

Dunno if the pas pump is gonna be ok (i have another if not) because i kinda dropped or while getting the keyway for the waterpump off.... there are lots of little parts in there ! had to grab a youtube vid of a guy rebuilding a landrover pump to see how it all went back together

Anyway, i need another good weekend on it to make some real progress, but i was working as was Lisa this weekend, so i only had a couple of hours yesterday which i spent doing the heater controls and dash.

Im handing in my notice at work tomorrow though and i know i have a days holiday to use... so i may try for another long weekend before i leave to get this a bit more up together
Din is offline   Reply With Quote