View Single Post
Old 17-06-13, 07:07 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
They are very good cars pal.

The vis motors are a bit of an issue. Some guys have problems all the time. I think Stamford's still got his mk1 originals in. Some are good some are bad, but they can be refurbed by some guys on here or DIY if you're any good with a soldering iron.

Belts for £600 - I wouldn't bother. You can get a whole one for that - or just an engine for £250-£300.

A green Mk2 180 in green has just sold for about £650 on the bay of E. I paid £500 for mine and to be fair have spent a few quid on it since to get it running well, but there are some good ones out there. There's a member selling a grey one on here and they've had it since new. I don't know them or the car, but it'll more than likely be a decent example.

Power delivery is smooth all the way through to the red line - and the sound is faaaar better than a derv. If you drive it enthusiastically - 20mpg. Like Miss Daisy - 28-30 is reasonable with some on here doing better. Personally I've never got more than 25.

Try a decent one and you'll be hooked. If you're ever near Harlow you're more than welcome to have a go in mine. She's got some kmarks and scars, but mechanically running really well just now so you'll get a good idea.

Last edited by Dan1971; 17-06-13 at 07:09 PM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote