View Single Post
Old 19-06-13, 06:36 AM   #126
maxtherotti

maxtherotti will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Din View Post
Thanks pete !

Um, no your right, I have not been at Vw long... 7 months, but I'm just not enjoying it really, the workshop I'm in is old and not very well lit, they have tried to spruce it up a little with fresh paint but it's still not great.

The product.... Is light years behind BMW in terms of tech and quality, very bland and not overly interesting.

And as per usual, management sucks... They shut the other local Vw place as the just spent 2 million on our place at Vw s request... So now we have more techs and more managers... So, one workshop controller, one service manager, one deputy service manager, one aftersales manager, and a generall manager... As you can imagine, they clash a lot, and it feeds back to us... The lack of organization is laughable tbh.

Obviously it's not facebookable untill end of play tomorrow, as I plan to do the deed in the morning.

But I have been made a slightly better offer by Mercedes benze.. an extra days holiday, almost another grand (enough to cover pension payments and not effect my wage) (never had a pension and I'm 28)... Oh and private health care again (was very usefull when I needed my apendix out).

So I can't see any reason to stay at Vw really lol.
After Rover collapsed I went to work at a merc commercial garage and it was sound but left there after 18 months to go back to working on cars at a vw dealers
it was proper poo
left after 3 months
hatefull cars too

Good luck at merc fella
Rob