View Single Post
Old 24-06-13, 06:51 PM   #17
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
what you said does make sense from a monetary perspective alone but folk want to modify their cars regardless.
sometimes folk cant afford the bigger engined car to start with but later on they come in to some money and it can be cheaper to just pep up the
car you have instead of swapping...at least if its a turbo , if its nasp then just get rid imo.
Its like folk who spend money modding the zs 120 or the td, they can spend more than the cars worth and still not even equal a standard 180, but the thing is you get attached to your car.
I learned for myself that modifying a car is akin to throwing money in the dustbin, ok you get the enjoyment, but when it comes to selling its usually just money lost.
So i decided in future i would always buy a car i could be happy with, that would do everything i wanted without needing to modify it.
A lot of so called performance mods are a complete waste of money anyway despite what the sellers claim.