View Single Post
Old 30-06-13, 01:29 PM   #62
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Been another quite week due to Mrs TC's shed - we bought a cheap £99 shed about 7 or 8 years ago from Wickes as Gemma didn't like sharing my "secret hoarders" shed full of "rubbish" (car parts to you or me). Over the last couple of years it has been subsiding and becoming unstable. Also the gap between the 2 sheds was becoming filled with DIY leftovers so independantly we had both been looking at replacing the shed.

Last year work was taken over by Wolseley (former car manufacturer and now building materials supplier) and this weekend was set as the first full stock count under the new owners, a few weeks ago we were given the go ahead to clear the depot of all non moving, damaged or obsolete stock and the staff were free to have anything that was going - I spoke to Gemma who agreed that I could build a shed but I musn't bring the materials home until I was ready to use them - fair enough to be honest - only problem was that I had to bring them home there and then or they'd go in the skip - the result is 200 tonuge and grove floor boards, 7 fence posts and 30 decking joists.

I've knocked togeather a side and started on a back panel, emptied and cut up the old shed, cleared lots of the DIY left overs and lots of car parts (including the last of the bits I'd saved from my first 2 cars, the Lada was scrapped in 1988 and the mini in 1992!)

This morning we've levelled the base from the old shed, I like to have the shed raised on joists so that air can circulate underneath and for some reason one corner had dropped by about 3 inches, I suspect it was the foxes we had a couple of years ago digging their access to the space underneath. This afternoon after the end of the F1 I hope to get the side and back in place.

And I have done something on the ZS's, I swapped the alloy x-power one from GV51 with the MG owners club plastic tax disc holder in FE54.