Thread: Am I correct?
View Single Post
Old 26-12-07, 06:50 AM   #4
al_roverMG
Site Supporter

al_roverMG is on a distinguished road
See my opinion of all these TC LC etc is less to do with the driver and more to do with the car designers. Let me explain. By adding things like TC LC and the like the car designers have to pay less attention to actually making the car handle as the electronic safety net can do just that and make it safe. I mean the Civic type R is a shining example. Sure the "breadvan" shape one (the EP3 for the spotters like me) which i had would bite if you poked it with a stick hard enough but then it was a dream to drive and was very quick without the need for traction control. Even modified it can still handle the power. The new one (FN2) however is fitted with traction control. Now with it switched on it feels very similar to the old one even sliding progressively from the rear and unlike many traction control systems it actually adds to the fun. However switch the TC off and it suddenly turns into an understeering not so nice handling car which is a back step from the old one.

At the end of the day many people now buy a car on the number of "functions" it has as they see them as part of the value for money. I however buy a car because i like it as a package and to hell with all the rest.