View Single Post
Old 18-07-13, 05:27 PM   #44
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
A 180 will most likely beat a tuned derv on a drag strip, but how many times do you drive like that in real life?

Cheers
Dave

I'm beginning to regret the whole - my 180 would beat any tuned diesel Zs - post a bit. In my view it is true, but the rationale for the post wasn't to actually challenge anyone and come over boy racer.... My apologies if it was taken that way.

My comment was made because of my complete inability to understand why anyone would choose a diesel over a petrol for any reason other than fuel efficiency.... I absolutely know that a tuned diesel goes well. Ofcourse it does ! Any car weighing the same as a ZS with 150 bhp will go well. 150bhp was GTi performance not so long ago !

Even modern cars and modern diesels. There is no arguement to buy a diesel over it's petrol equivalent in any respect other than saving money. They are noisier - more costly to buy initially - and only offer savings as a result if you do big miles.

So - if economy is important and you do big miles and want lower fuel costs - buy a diesel and tune it. If it isn't - get a 180....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote