View Single Post
Old 27-12-07, 07:49 PM   #10
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Hot gases rise.........and there are breather tubes that allow the engine to 'breathe' installed in the tops of the cam covers........

as the hot oily gases rise.......they enter the breather hose......and as they go along........they cool and can turn back into oil vapours which then run along the tubes into the throttle body.......the oily vapour then hits the cold air and the vapours are pushed back up into the plenum (plastic part on the top of the engine the piece of crap ) or the vapours run back down to the air filter/induction system.

All in all........a **** up......and a pain in the arse......

so we fit oil catch tanks to catch the damn oil and stop ruining the plenum and air filters.

plus........any hot gases aren't pushed into the induction system sapping power..........how much I don't know.........but every little helps. Which is why the car will always feel more responsive and eager when the air is dense and cold like in foggy conditions or when it's generally misty.

I won't rant on too much........and I'm sure someone can post up something far more accurate but thats the jist of it

Granville