View Single Post
Old 15-08-13, 06:45 PM   #49
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Got the Kenwood DAB in there today from Red. Reminder - Rear aux in to operate the ipod from the head unit whilst keeping it hidden in the glovebox, digital radio and bluetooth. All good.

Gutted about a little speaker project I had though ..... Bought some 165 speakers out of an Audi TT - Bose system with tweeters included - but the guy today reckoned they were fubarred and regardless, the fittings were different too. Luckily though the seller will take them back minus the postage costs.

Probably going to get a wee sub in the boot to be fair, (I really don't need it as much as I used to), after getting some advice and a demo from the guy today ... Does £130 for a small but decent sub seem fair ? ... I really have no idea on ICE ....
Again, no expert on ICE, but I reckon a smaller sub would give a crisper bass. Maybe not as booming but certainly sharper which is what I wanted.

I was gonna go for two 8inch alpine subs.
Thought alpines all round would complement each other.

Sound deaden the door skins inner and outer though, makes it sound so much better! I'm gutted I didn't think of doing the rear outer skins now!
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote