View Single Post
Old 31-08-13, 10:52 PM   #14
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Had the wheels of today and they were all fine, copied from e90 post for the days work

So my wheel nuts and brakes were in a terrible looking state, it really made the car look poor. I have never taken my wheels of since owning this car so thought it would be a good idea to look to see if there cracked anywhere or have been cracked.
Pleasingly they all seem fine, which made me a little sad as I like the looks of a set of wheels CMWheels has on offer at the moment and if I found one little crack I was going to just buy them lol.

Probably took 1.5 hours per side which included cleaning the wheel inside and out, cleaning inside the wheel arch too and messing about on the phone / taking pics. I used hammerite smooth for the discs and calipers, for the wheel nuts I just used halfords gloss black paint I had in the shed. I dont expect it to last to long but now I have seen the results I will defiantly look for some better paint.

So I never really got any before pics but I did remember half way through the first side.

If this is a job you have been putting off, just do it I cannot believe how much difference it made. Still got to clean the car but I ran out of time

Before (notice the rear brake disk etc

and done

Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote