View Single Post
Old 08-09-13, 09:31 AM   #10
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Played golf with a mate yesterday who has just paid £11K for a quite tidy zetec focus.

After the golf he came round for take out and we went out in the Zs to collect it.

He was dumbstruck that a car like mine could be had for what I paid for it - and quite frankly afterwards commented that he has been overpaying for his cars for years ... Getting a newer one then having to deal with the depreciation etc.

Mine will be worth what I paid for it for ages - if not more - so depreciation doesn't come into it. Our cars are past the depreciation stage and condition is everything.

I spent 6 days in Scotland with te the family and the dog in the summer. Somedays we spent 6-7 hours travelling and we went in the wife's 11 plate Meriva diesel auto. Cumfy, frugal, spacious .... it did the job perfectly. I wouldn't have dreamt of going in the ZS - but I wouldn't just have the Meriva.

It's all about what suits you and your needs at the time. In my view, if you've got or want a sensible car and want to balance that with something fast, fun and cheap, the ZS is perfect.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote