View Single Post
Old 11-09-13, 03:25 PM   #37
Malteser

Malteser is on a distinguished road
Well folks, here is an update!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Started taking the Rover apart to fix a few niggles on the front end. This car was involved in a minor front end collision sometime in its lifetime and the front passenger side crush can was dented and never replaced so I replaced both of those with the ones pulled off the white Rover. Also fitted the other horn that was missing so now have the louder horn sound because of the third interval between them. Sounds good now!

Then I started fitting the pieces that I had started on and the other pieces that I was going to work with that were from the white Rover.

As you can see from this last picture, the MG ZS lip spoiler was rubbing against the tire so the only way I could keep that from rubbing while I took it to my Uncle's for some work was to put a roll of duct tape between it and the bumper. Unfortunately no picture but I got a lot of stares and my Uncle couldn't stop laughing!

Then when I was taking a few panels out to use them, I found a friend I haven't seen in a while. Now I know why!

Poor thing!...lol...more of a fossil than a reptile now.

Anywho, went to my Uncle's to help me fit the other front fender. I had bought parts of this kit as a lot and the passenger side 180 kit came with the fender attached, and I figured instead of trying to take it off and possibly breaking it, I would just modify the fender to fit. Which it did very nicely. Thanks Uncle Charlie!!!

Now 75% of the kit is on and this is what it looks like.

Malteser is offline   Reply With Quote