View Single Post
Old 17-10-13, 12:47 PM   #47
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
I remember when Dave put the vag unit in his ZS to start with before he then tweaked it and went for even more bhp. that thing was a monster and will be again when Paul finishes his rebuild of it.

at the time 2.5+V6's were the top of the range and no-one used turbo's as the noise and response is better from nasp, and that is what people wanted. if the supercharger kit had been properly developed by the factory from the off, the ZS would have had 250bhp or so and the comments about it being slow by modern standards would be irrelevant. IMO

It is just one of them things, even with the amount i have spent on the ZS it is still less than a new BMW would be in 325 upwards spec, and that is including the original purchase price of the ZS back in 2004 (9months old ex dealer car) - mine has had it's 10th birthday this year and next april I will have had it for 10years.

there are not many cars built at around the same time that have got quite such an enthusiastic following still, which say as lot to me about the cars.... *shrug*

If I had not decided I wanted a money pit of a project diesel, i would have got a 180, when i was able to afford to run and insure it - now I could i have gone too far with the Diesel to change, and i can't justify a 180 for pottling around the city!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote