Thread: "The Project"
View Single Post
Old 04-11-13, 08:26 PM   #345
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
Thanks lads.

The plan is to get it running asap, but unfortunately that's where the most money needs to be spent - again. The engine I have is more or less good to go once a couple of little things are fixed, the big BTCC brakes are now 100% working (finally!!) and I think the electrics are also good to go. All it really needs is some pipework sorting in the engine bay, a power steering pipe and the exhaust moved to suit the new turbo... oh and it still needs to be mapped before it goes anywhere on it's own.

Unfortunately I don't think the bodywork will survive a track session in it's current state. At the moment the front extended wheel arch is hanging off and the side sills are disintegrating due to water ingress - so whatever colour it ends up there is some serious bodywork to be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
Sad to see the RB was in a bad way but that coulda been far far worse for both you and the car, good luck with however you choose to move forward.
Yeah it could have been so much worse, I was fairly lucky I missed all the solid things. So far the damage seems to be 3 bent alloys, a cracked sump and a new front end. In the grand scheme of things not too bad really... but I've got all winter to fix it

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote