View Single Post
Old 28-11-13, 08:14 PM   #20
Chaz

Chaz is on a distinguished road
Update!

Right, done loads to the car so far, got loads of pictures, so here goes..

First mod I did, most important mod and HAD to be done, SDi injectors!

Found a couple of nice little bodges, guessing the threads are gone :lol:

Inlet off and everything out the way..

Old injectors were well stuck in so needed a wack with the slide hammer

New washers and plenty of copper grease

New injectors in..

Thought while I was doing the injectors and had the inlet and stuff out of the way, id blank the EGR off too..

The threads were a bit iffy in the EGR and inlet, but I found slightly longer bolts to go in both and they grabbed the good threads at the end and tightened up nicely!

Obviously blanking the EGR brought on the engine management light being a MK2, which is a bit annoying but nothing a remap will sort

Next mod was to get my new Bosch MAF on with my massive "green" cone and a Roverron mafam/tuning box

The car did come with low gain pierbugh maf and digimafam2 but it seemed to make it blue smoke in high revs for some reason, hence why I changed to my other set up from my ZR!

The power increase was massive with all of this, loads quick, bit of smoke but nothing serious, it will only get worse when I get a remap on it

Theeeeeen I had to change the battery as it went flat over night, it was the original battery though to be fair (I think), lasted 8 years, not bad!

I brimmed the car on the way home from picking it up and managed to get around 180 miles to 1/4 of a tank, beast!

That will definitely change now the SDi's are in, should gain the MPG I lost by fitting them, back with a remap, will have to see.
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote