View Single Post
Old 06-12-13, 07:15 PM   #56
Chaz

Chaz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
It will fit your mk2 fine, as to if it's worth doing, I'm not convinced, if you look at the coupe pic there's a brace welded between the lower arm mountings, this method will be way more effective than a brace between the bolts.

It would be worth checking the price for Honda braces because MB use Honda parts and add themselves some extra £££ on top.
Cheers for the tip, will check out the honda stuff first, thought motobuild would charge a bit over the top, as long as it fits though I dont mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
The turbo youve been offered by Countrydude, do you know if its the same as the one Dark Ice have been using?

They have just updated their thread on .org and pulled 182bhp and 250ftlbs. Might be a worthwhile investment if so

You any closer to deciding on a suspension set up?
I think it could be same spec mate, pretty sure its the same type turbo that Dastardly Dan got built and fitted to Ojenkins car which also made 181 bhp supposedly.. Dyno printout was a bit iffy..

Yeah I saw the results on dark ice's facebook, 250 lb ft is a bit low tbh.. Sounds like it needs more fuelling..

My first ZR made 155 bhp/262 lb ft and my most recent ZR was 274 lb ft both on standard turbo, but that was very very smokey and was slipping a brand spanking genuine rover clutch lol..

This turbo iv been offered apparently can be sent away to wilky and be made into a hybrid GT2025, but I cant see how it can still use a standard SDi downpipe, surely the housings will have to be changed?

Might be worth a punt though, will see if he has it still after christmas!

Suspension wise, im not sure what to do, been trying to find lowering springs but can only find cheapo "Lo" springs on ebay, bet they are good , Would love to find a set of xpowers but seem impossible to find, would even settle for a set of motobuild springs I reckon but they dont seem to sell them anymore..

I did find these civic coilovers, looked similar to your old ones....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROSPORT-C...item5af7f6bc87

What you reckon? Could I get them to fit?
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote