View Single Post
Old 15-12-13, 05:53 PM   #90
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
When I did GV51 I stuck a brand new battery in the boot, disconnected the old one and she was fine until the battery was about 4 years old and stopped holding charge overnight.

With FE54 I followed the same fitting pattern except I made my one power cable rather than one out of a M3 that needed extending. I then took the 6 month old battery (the replacement for the first battery) out of GV51 and stuck it in the boot of FE54 and connected it. I then disconnected the front battery.

There wasn't enough power from the rear battery to start her so I temporally connected the front one to start her. Then disconnected it so the rear one would charge. I tried this several times and then got bored.

I should really bring the rear battery in and do a recondition charge - Mrs TC will be pleased as I can now do this in my workshop.