View Single Post
Old 19-01-14, 07:14 PM   #214
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Well the Zs is finally home and on the drive... it has not been a cheap holiday for it this time though, and she nearly decided to have an extended holiday due to me managing to break the suspension top mount within 500m of the workshop. thankfully it just pulled the topnut through the rubber bung, so a nice big washer (rover 25 suspension setup raided) and that should solve it - it isn't pretty but it will work

So this triup it has had custom brembodge carrier/caliper brackets made up, new springseats and associated gubbins for the adjustable suspension, new alternator as mine seized solid, new starter motor, new rear calipers (yearly refurb was getting ridiculous) rear disks/pads, and other ancilaries....

However I can say the car is sitting nicely lowered a touch, springs are 450lbs rated (front that is not known the rear as no number stamped on it), so quite stiff, but it feels a lot less crashy than before, even if i do feel more back through the bum as it were....

Brakes are simply mind boggling how well they stop compared to the OE setup, running on DS3000 pads and the grooved disks i picked up from sneakyparrot.

On a plus not the lumpy idle has been solved as the cambelt balance weight had been sheered, or a bolt associated with it (wasn't listening too carefully) so finally the ZS is starting instntly and sitting nice and smoothly idling for the first time in years.

Just need to either be patient with the turbo side, or cast caution to the wind and get another untested unit fitted and see what goes pop first this time

Hopefully 2104 will see the project in terms of new mods finished.

Will probably be doing a strip down, and deep rust proof later in the year or early next year as things are getting bad on the shell, and while swapping things over might be an option, I kinda dont want to part with this one as I have had it so long!

It is so good to be back behind the wheel of a ZS again, and use that effortless wave of torque
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote