View Single Post
Old 24-01-14, 02:53 PM   #65
Eddie

Eddie will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear this, I understand how you feel as I once had a project car that became something of a money pit, it's when you have limited use of the car and you're still insured and tax it tends to hurt a little more. If it was me, which it once was, maybe cut your losses and sell the engine to a kit car owner and break the shell, being a project car it's never going to net you what's been spent, you allowed it to become a quest rather than keeping it a project, I know as I've been there done it as well.
I know the die hards in here will have other views but when a project reaches a point of park it up and think how to raise the funds to fix all that's wrong compared to every day life expenses you need to be honest with yourself, if the car doesn't offer that certain something you get every time you drive then it's time to park up or sell up.
Maybe set a dead line for a decision of spring time then walk away and forget all about the car, when you come back to review it will be with a clear and open mind.

Really feel for you Steve
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote