View Single Post
Old 12-02-14, 08:44 PM   #35
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverload View Post
Yeh, I bought this, it's not the clocks. It's a thermostat. I'm only here because someone felt the need to pm me on another site trying to suggest that there was possibly something I didn't know about the car that I wouldn't like, then tried to sell me some clocks! Not very happy to be honest, bit of a shitty thing to do! Anyway, car is awesome. Very happy!
I don't think Dan was trying to suggest that the car had some hidden fault that you might not be aware of, there had been quite a few posts on here about it running too cold, the previous owner wanted to change the clocks, or move the temp needle to it's normal position so it would read just under half, which isn't a solution, it's just working round a potential issue, if he'd plugged a live data reader in it would have shown what temp the ecu was seeing, he could then have acted accordingly.

It's a good looking car, I hope you you stick around.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote