View Single Post
Old 12-04-14, 09:09 AM   #2
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb 180 View Post
Any computer buffs out there?

I had an external 500gb hard disc failure a few weeks ago and lost all my personal pics, docs etc.

Bought one of those devices off Amazon but still failed to read the drive. Looks like the only way now would be to pay a firm hundreds of pounds to recover the data.

All car shows, holidays, weddings, car rebuilds etc Gutted!

Anyone out there have the know how to help me please?
If the drive is spinning then it maybe a logic fault on the brd. Its a long shot but if you can get another drive the same model version etc then swap the logic brd.
beyond that its data recovery but i would do some research as it may not be as much as you think. I had a drive recovered around 20yrs ago and it was around £850 back then but not many were doing it back then.

P.

Ps. Also try it in another machine as a slave, do not try to boot from it. if you can see it then its a start. I used to have some drive software so if you can get machine to see it then drop me a line and i will do some digging.