Thread: DID clutch kit.
View Single Post
Old 04-05-14, 12:34 PM   #15
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
Interesting reading this.

I've also fitted one of these, but not with much success. The instructions were awful I thought, I couldn't bleed any air from the system due to the limited stroke on the master cylinder, even with adjusting the clevis pin to the clutch pedal to get the maximum stroke and removing the pedal stop.

What I ended up doing was removing the clutch pedal, drilling another 10mm hole in front of the existing hole (for the OEM master cylinder clevis pin) and fitting the DID master cylinder and pushrod into this new 10mm hole. This was to get the maximum stroke on the master cylinder so I could actually purge air and fluid through the master cylinder and out through the bleed nipple at the slave cylinder.

Once the system was bled, I then removed the clevis pin from the 10mm hole that I had drilled myself, put the clevis pin back into the original hole on the clutch pedal and the car was then usable. The pedal stop is just some s**t piece of bracket that doesn't fit very well with a few washers, bolt and nyloc nut.

Needless to say there was some foul language made on that memorable day, especially for a kit that cost £200. I wish Sheddist was still making them, or failing that made my own.
top_man_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote