Thread: DID clutch kit.
View Single Post
Old 04-05-14, 01:03 PM   #17
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by andys1981 View Post
so is this kit not that good,are you better off with the sheddist kit?
I had the Sheddist kit on my XPG 180 that I've just sold. It was simple to fit, clear instructions and worked well. If I remember there was also a choice of two clevis pins to alter the stroke on the master cylinder - (I think).

Don't mean to come across a bit biased about the DID kit, but I'd rather have Nigels kit any day. You generally don't need instructions, but for a newbie (which I'm not) to have them written clearly is a must, and they wasn't. Even the website link that DID gave me for the instructions was wrong!

You shouldn't have to mess about with removing pedals and drilling holes like I did, the impression that I got was that I was just sent a "bag of bits". I still need to adjust the bite point of the clutch, I can't imagine how complicated this is going to be!

I'm certain that the problem is within the master cylinder stroke, I can't be certain, but it feels too limited, and as I said trying to bleed the system, even with the clevis pin fully adjusted to give the maximum stroke is impossible - hence why I drilled another hole in the clutch pedal-arm to give the maximum master cylinder stroke - if that makes sense?

Their other products as far as I'm concerned are excellent, the strut brace fits perfectly and the quick shift kit is very well made as well.
top_man_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote