View Single Post
Old 24-08-14, 01:05 PM   #153
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Then came reasembly.

I had bought all new gaskets, clamps and hangers, these turned out to be shorter by about 30% than the old ones which goes a long way to explain why the system was so low.

I roughly assembled the rear and mid sections, powerflow made this as a slip over joint, and it went togeather like a ring on a finger. I then did the same for the cat and to the down pipe. It must have looked funny with me lying under the car lifting bits of exhaust with feet, knees, hands, etc. while I attached the hangers.

I got it all togeather and tightened up, attached the second tail pipe, another slide over joint and she fired up first turn of the key and settled down to a nice burble.

I went indoors to grab my phone prior to going for a test drive, just in case. There was a test messege from my lad saying he was on the way up to give me a hand - typical children!

He and Mrs TC were outside the house when I returned, both making approving noises and saying how it doesn't look too bad being 2" inside the mk2 bumper, personally I don't agree so will either be extending the pipes slightly or getting powerflow to do it.

She sounds so much nicer and has so much more mid range torque - definatly worth the effort.

It's been on for a couple of weeks and at least 3 times Mrs TC has commented on how nice it sounds. She then commentd "child" yesterday as we went through a tunnel on the motorway when I dropped the window a bit, slipped out of gear and blipped the throttle - LOL.

And the burble on high RPM overrun is superb.