Thread: ZS TD project
View Single Post
Old 27-08-14, 10:56 AM   #88
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Well I suppose that actually knowing what you had pushed through it, it was soot that was your issue not EMP or EGT is a promising sign for 200+ ponies and reliability... that was something that was still an unknown for most of us!

Part the reason that I wanted Kris's controller was so that the map and the vnt control can work in tandem, as it is not always about generating boost, but more about getting decent flow.... if you dont *need* 20+PSI to get a wave or torque then dont have it there ready and waiting.....

obviously WOT throttle requests change all that, but I haven't used WOT for so long I have got used to driving with the torque and can keep up quite happily with most things at road speeds.

I've not spent much time on the 306 one tbh, but spent a fair amount of research on the VAG one clubtdi i think it is, and that was why I went for the (pricey) GTB in the end.

I am sure we are not going to get the same level of power that they get out, as we have a lower rev limit from the factory (4200) even if mine will go up to 5400. but the exhaust manifold will be interesting to see if it makes any difference. we know from past experience from Donny, that the inlet one is *good* so this really is going to be my last power mods...

for me low smoke is important, James Bond smoke screens out the back is not what I am after, been there done that and it is fun, but dangerous ultimately...

i'd like to have a dual map option, one for track/pod use and one for everyday, but I might get round that with my right foot again lol.

Either way, fingers crossed that the new turbo does the job!

I still fear it will be the low down reponse that might prove a bit of a killer, as we we know they can bog down a bit with poor maf on the little GT15's.....
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote