View Single Post
Old 27-09-14, 01:00 PM   #2
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave23572 View Post
Fairly bog standard ZS180, only performance mod is the ITG induction kit.
After ages of deliberation I finally bit bullet and got myself some Janspeed manifolds as the first of a planned list of mods. The idea being to do each mod one at a time to see which ones make most difference.

I also modified them by spending half a day with a Dremel to fettle down the lumpy interior welds to hopefully make it flow better.

So ITG done (a year ago) and now the manifolds have been fitted on their own. Cat-back to come later.
I was really looking forward to the results.

And the results?
I literally cannot tell the difference!
What a huge surprise and letdown after all that money and effort.

What could be the reason for this?
I've seen before/after DYNO graphs showing 10BHP or so with this mod.
whats the rest of the system?

in order to get the best from ITG and the mani's you have to have the whole system flowing. Stock system still in place then all you have done is given the motor a chance to flow more air and exhaust but restricted it further down the line.

there are benefits to what you have fitted, Drew has dyno sheets to prove it and i have had cars with various options fitted.
the car with the ITG / full decat janspeed system was so much eager to rev out than the car with a cold air / scorpion system but stock mani's

This is the prob with kv6, its so bloody expensive to get more out of.

but with what you have spent then either decat and backbox or sports cat / backbox as you will have to fit the cat back at mot time.

P.