Thread: Facebook advice
View Single Post
Old 12-10-14, 10:43 AM   #15
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
It depends on your reasons for using Facebook. I initially signed up to keep in touch with my sister (south africa) and mother (florida) and it is perfect for that. I don't need to keep asking for regular updates on how things are because they post messages and pictures so it doesn't quite feel like I'm hundreds of miles away.

I also don't mind glancing through friends and work colleagues posts as it's sometimes interesting.

I don't post very often as I don't think my life is interesting enough to share with the world and tend only to post things involving other people.

I am signed up to 3 MG related groups and is purely for selfish reasons of seeing what parts/cars are available. I have my daily facepalm ready though because of the highlighted messages.

Yes, not everyone know about the cars or cars in general. I didn't many years ago. But I wouldn't have asked an open forum question before searching for the answer first (such as a forum like this one) People are lazy so just ask first. This is dangerous because then another list of uneducated people come on with the dumbest answers imaginable!

This is exactly why forums will never die. All the info is at your finger tips and an educated question reaps the correct answer with some banter behind it. That's all I need. A solution to my problem and a friendly reply. Plus ideas for upgrades!

As sh!t as the Facebook groups can be, I suffer them so I don't miss out on a potential bargain, helped by the lack of knowledge or value.

I always know I have the option to control what I see on Facebook so won't be closing my account unnecessarily.

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote