View Single Post
Old 12-11-14, 10:25 AM   #8
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Sorry for your loss, always a sad time, but as long as you remember her and talk about her, she will be with you forever.

I didnt use my derv much before I took it into the MOT station, Failed it on sticking O/S calipers. I had some new front disks and pads so put those on and changed the rears. They wernt badly worn, just rusty looking. The garage said the calipers and sliders were all OK, so I had it retested and it was OK.

I'm sure the tester just looked at the rusty disks and assumed the calipers wernt working. I normally give it a 50 odd mile run around to polish the disks up.

Teach me to let the MOT lapse, so I couldnt this time.

With the clips, my front one got bent back, I undid the screw things on the bottom of the skirts, that screw into the floor. I then pulled the top away and you can get at the clips. My one had more than half detached. Got some silicone sealer, cleaned the clips up reattached them and siliconed it all back. Held it in place with some G clamps. lazy method, but the thought of tacking it all off was beyond me.

Glad the car is OK apart from these small niggles.