View Single Post
Old 14-12-14, 03:22 PM   #6
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Talking

A Small update :-)

I have the head back from ALD Developments and its looking brand new. Uprated valves, ported and flowed :-))

No pics yet as i dropped the head straight over to Andy Cowen (C&C Engineering) he is making me up a Phenolic Intake Gasket.

I could not buy the bushes i wanted for the engine mounts so thought i would have a crack at making my own, i mean how hard can it be

The LR discovery rear arm bushes fit the Metro LHS mount, well with a bit of work! I wanted the hardness rating to be 70
Not to hard but stiffer than rubber, but the ones i managed to get hold of very very soft.

Used a plastic tub , some resin plaster and giving the existing bushes a good coat of release agent.

the finished moulds needed a bit of work to iron out the imperfections.

When i mixed up the poly i found i had been sent the wrong pigment
I asked for a solid yellow colour but the stuff they sent just turned the poly transparent yellow!

I coated the mould with release agent but the fecking thing was solid when i tried to remove them! the spray release stuff they sent was kak tbh, i recon the resin plaster just soaked it up so i would of been better of covering them in Vaseline but hey you live and learn.

Wish they were both the same colour as G/Box mount but i'm not making another mould so will have to do. G/box all went well till the rear mould started to leak about half way thru pouring the poly, made a right mess but managed to clear up most of it while it was curing.

AN fittings have arrived to make up the power steering pipes / clutch pipe. Found some local guys who are doing the lot for me at a very good price, they even delivered them to my door as he lives round the corner and was passing on his way home

P.

Last edited by sneekyparrot; 14-12-14 at 03:26 PM.
sneekyparrot is offline   Reply With Quote