View Single Post
Old 02-01-15, 10:55 AM   #156
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Not updated this for a while as I haven't done much on her in a while.

In the second week in November one of the rear brake pads reached it's limit. Unfortunately we needed a working "proper" car ) for the impending first visit of the mother-in-law the following weekend, Mrs TC's ZR did the job. I had the nearly new calipers and discs from GV51 to fit but no time so FE54 got parked up and I used the F for myself until Christmas.

Once Christmas day was out of the way I located the bits including the braided hoses I bought for GV51 about 5 years ago, just couldn't find the plastic brackets that I need to use.

I replaced the calipers etc, left on the Monday wasn't too bad, one of the screws for the disc came out, the other required drilling but the thread span out of the hole, surprisingly the screws from GV51 were still in one of the discs so I used one of these.

Then on Tuesday I did the right, both screws were well knackered so drilled both out, "cleaned out the threads in the holes but damaged the thread at the top of the hole so the screw didn't quite grip. Apart from that it went ok, just need to find some longer screws.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote