View Single Post
Old 16-01-15, 05:23 PM   #49
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
little update;

had been considering a shakedown of the car tomorrow, so this afternoon I got the last major outstanding jobs done:

fitting 2 cheap ebay in car heaters/fans as the car does not have a heated screen and all the heater/fans were stripped out to save weight.
These things appeared to be pretty naff, but I was surprised on a little test run how much heat these actually provide! The fans are useless and it will need some tweaking of the angles to be any use at clearing the screen, and the brackets are utter junk and both broke before they were even fitted, but I was going to brace these anyway as you don't want anything attacking your head when out on circuit.

The car goes OK, its too cold and slippy out and tracktion even in 2nd gear was difficult, but it revs to 7400ish on the rev counter, prob a real 7300 tho.

It blew a fuse as soon as I put the left indicator on, I think its somehow linked to the indicator relay, another job on the snagging list!
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote