View Single Post
Old 19-01-15, 09:13 PM   #1
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Need advice following my girlfriends crash.

So my girlfriend span and totalled her car on the M23 northbound on Sunday night.

She was in the left lane when somebody tried to pull into where she was. She gave a flash warning and a blast of the horn but he carried on and she was forced to head onto the hard shoulder at about 60-70mph.

She then lost control of her car which then span (she thinks it may have been ice there as it was pretty cold sunday) she hit the Armco on the hard shoulder and then span for a long time back into the middle lane. (Someway, somehow, she wasn't hit by anything else as it was about 5:30 in the evening so not a quiet time.)

This is the little fiesta that did well not to break anymore and avoid all traffic as it span.

She waited about thirty minutes for the highway officers to arrive. They sorted out getting her and the car recovered and hopefully on her way back to Norwich.
After calling the recovery place they then left her on the side of the motorway in the freezing weather in the dark with a car that's hazards weren't working with nothing more than a coat following an accident that had the potential for far worse injury. (Thankfully just stiff all over and a bump to the face(lips and eye area) bruising where the seatbelt was and bruising to arms).
So she waited for an hour and a half in the cold and dark on a motorway and I was well pissed.
Are you guys of the opinion that the highways guys should have waited with a vulnerable young lass who's standing there in shock after a crash, rather than leaving her waiting with no support around?
I'm unsure as to if I can complain about their conduct and I'm not looking to gain anything other than it not happening to someone else's loved ones 150 miles from home with no shelter.
I may be over-reacting but it seems pretty shitty to me.

(Also, funnily, insurance said it may be repairable. )

Last edited by Skillen; 19-01-15 at 09:16 PM.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote