View Single Post
Old 26-01-15, 05:04 PM   #164
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Bit more meat on the story -

I did all the usual checks before booking the car in for the MOT and made sure I was happy. I went in to the garage on the Monday and asked them to bleed the brakes, replace the O/S CV joint (£80 for labour was worth it at this time of year) and the MOT. He asked if they could keep it over night as they were busy for a couple of days but as it isn't practical to get to work at 6am by public transport I booked it in for Thursday when they were quieter.

I drop the car off at 6am, put the keys through the door and cursed as I hadn't turned off the MIL light. At the end of work at 4pm I went back to pick it up, a little chuffed as they hadn't rung to say it had failed on X,Y or Z. He produced the bill with no mention of MOT! Turned out he hadn't written it down, to be fair he took a mechanic off another job to do it there and then.

Like an expectant father I sat in the waiting room, listening to them doing the emissions test thinking they are spending a long time doing that. They were as he was really surprised by the readings.

When he came back in with a long list I knew it wasn't all good.

Fail for high emissions at idle and at fast idle, no cat, brake peddle creeping down, drivers seat not moving as it was intended and both rear reflectors excessively deteriorated so that it's function is impaired.

Advisories on coating on both stop lights but not impairing light output, N/S CV boot deteriorating, EML on, rear tyre profiles different to front, exhaust mountings split (these were new in the summer) and veh has under body corrosion.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote