View Single Post
Old 08-02-15, 04:58 PM   #67
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
Once I have quantified it I will then make the decision of compensation (with stiffer springs) or to try and correct (with extended ball joints of appropriate length relative to the planned drop in ride height).
Unless you know of any working diagrams to save me measuring?

They normally come with 425 / 225 for the 180 so the above rates should give a slight proportional increase in stiffness without going silly. What do you think?

Were they the 300mm accord type r 5 stood discs you had re-drilled?
Yes, you need to look at the 'big picture' of the car, avoid doing the easy stuff and leaving the difficult bits, it all works together.

There is software available to help simulate chassis, if you are OK with 3D cad software or xyz axis then it could be an interesting project, I wouldn't get too hung up at this point, lower it no more than 10mm and go testing.

No re-drilling, I got them machined up.

springs! Why not fit something like a 425-450 all round as a start point then test it and see where is best to go?
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote