View Single Post
Old 08-04-15, 09:19 PM   #1
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
RIP Rover (MGR) 10 years

Hey all

Surprised there wasn't more posts on this, 10 years to the day (yest) rover went pop.

I remember it very well, I was working for dunham and haines Rover MG in Luton as a parts adviser, I was young and the job suited me well as i was an enthusiast so i really tried. It was a small parts department with only me and the parts manager who also took car of warranty input, so he was gone for 50% plus of the time. I ran that little back room myself making good margin, when i joined parts turnover was around 28k a month at 22% margin, when i left it was 38k a month at 33% margin, just shows what can be done .... the mark up was 30% from Rover so that was RRP. I used to bump prices up where i could etc.....

The day rover went to the wall I was on annual leave but i went in as I had no idea what to expect or what it meant, it was the weirdest feeling.

3 Months later the dealership closed we were all made redundant or moved on within the motor group to other dealers and the rest is history.

10 years flys

Ross

Last edited by Supercharged_Z; 08-04-15 at 09:21 PM.
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote