Thread: Honest John
View Single Post
Old 03-07-15, 06:01 AM   #9
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by LozMachine View Post
How does it free up ncb? Curious as my Zed is my daily, how does that work?
Cheers
Classic policies don't require or accrue ncb. Meant I could cancel my existing policy on the zed, use the accrued ncb to insure my daily driver and then start afresh on the zed on a classic policy. Classic policies do have some restrictions, though; low annual mileage (5k at most), you can't commute in them, and I don't think that policy covers me third party to drive someone else's car. But then you can't expect a lot for £100!

I've got my ncb on my diesel civic, and I keep the zed in the garage for weekends. It actually works out cheaper for me doing it this way, even though you've got two loads of tax and two loads of MOTs but the savings in petrol from the zed make it worthwhile.

If you're interested, its well worth giving Peter Best, or it would seem Lancaster as well now, a call to find out whats what. If you were thinking of getting rid of the zed because you need something newer / more sensible, then this is definitely an alternative to consider!