View Single Post
Old 27-10-15, 12:25 PM   #102
Malteser

Malteser is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
As ever your effort is impressive - puts my 'tinkering' to shame!

I'm putting the battery in the boot as well, but I think our plan is to build an airbox in that space, I've already got my FMIC in the bottom grill, so have the old IC space next to the rad for direct air feed.... just need to make sure it isn't able to suck up too much water....
No tinkering is put to shame. My previous car, Oldsmobile Alero, I tinkered with but that gave me the confidence to go onto the larger projects.

With the 400, there isnt enough space to fit the Intercooler as a front mount unfortunately and the custom radiator I had made for this engine takes up the entire front centre opening. What I thought of doing though is still putting the intercooler in front of the gearbox down low (same height where a front mount would be) and make a plate or something that would direct air into the intercooler.

And yes, watch for water. lol...mine sucked up some previously in the build and bent a piston rod. I twisted mine down and then up so it is still getting cold air from the well but it is higher than the chassis opening to make it even less likely of water going in.
Malteser is offline   Reply With Quote