Thread: "The Project"
View Single Post
Old 20-12-15, 01:14 AM   #347
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
Sorry for the serious lack of updates on this lads

To be honest not much has changed. EX259 has been parked up for well over a year

Since I was last here - 2 years ago according to the details in the top right corner of the screen - I've moved house twice and I now have a double garage! Well I will do once all the junk is out of it!

I'm hopeful that progress will be made next year. Priorities have changed so much since I started this journey, but I'm still determined to finish it

It breaks my heart to see it sitting like this after all the work that was done to drag it from this condition in the first place... but life is never a straight road is it?

But looking at it positively for a minute:

- The brake lines are finished, the bias valve works and so far none of the seals have fallen out of the pistons
- The drive train is finished
- Most of the engine is piped in (just a few mods to do to the exhaust and inter cooler connections)
- The fuel system just needs an adapter to mate the T series to the ZS pipe work
- The DTA ECU is all wired up (managed to source a CAN BUS for it eventually!) but still needs mapped (Base map is sorted out)

So the main sticking points:

- Budget required for welding work to exhaust and intake pipes
- Body needs some work as the boxed side skirts have dissolved... again and the front arch has cracked... again
- Engine probably needs a strip down as it has sat for over a year (will do that myself)
- I had to sell the trailer when I moved house, so need to rent one to move it

If anyone can help with the fuel system please drop me a message

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"

Last edited by Smokey; 22-12-15 at 08:27 PM.
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote