View Single Post
Old 07-03-16, 06:39 PM   #55
Big-Jay

Big-Jay has a spectacular aura aboutBig-Jay has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Well .... at least you found it and have the ability to repair it. For me - it'd get spotted at the MOT and then cost me the value of the car to get it repaired.

Yeh that's usually the case, part of the reason I taught myself how to do my own bodywork and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by top_man_eldo View Post
Good job there, always wanted to have a go at welding. Might be worth having a look inside the inner sills and checking what they're like. Mine had rotted out severely.
Cheers mate,

From what I can see the inner sills are looking good, looks like someone's put plenty of wax in there in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Christ that's scary seeing holes in her like that but that's proper job repairs your doing bud. Good work!
Cheers Gary,

It's all essential work unfortunately, but after its done it'll be a solid rust free ZS for many years to come hopefully !

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
It'll probably be quicker spot welding in the new panel than seam welding all the way around the patches.
That was my thinking. I don't actually own a spot welder so I'll be plug welding them on instead. Essentially does the same job, just have a bit of linishing down to do afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
I remember my old 02 plate ZS was looking rough on the jacking points and that was 2010 ish, these cars are old now fair play to you for doing this though a lot of people would scrap
Cheers bud,

Would be out of the question to scrap her, it's really quite an easy/minor job to be honest and when it's done it should be solid for a good few years !
Big-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote