View Single Post
Old 19-03-16, 09:59 AM   #110
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
*Continuation of above*

Unfortunately when removing the dip stick tube this happened because it was rusted solid:

Of course a tiny piece of plastic fell into the sump which meant taking the sump off...

To get the sump off the standard manifolds had to come off which was perfect because I had a set of janspeed manifolds waiting to go on anyway which I've had for a few months:

Some comparisons, no words required:

Stock-

Janspeed- Still crude but far better

Comparison of port size-

Going back together-

Since the old one was destroyed

Tools

Manis and sump back on, also changed the decat pipe for a Janspeed one- just a bit neater.

I also changed the power steering pump for a non-noisy one (no pics)

Since the car will probably running lean on the standard map, I originally planned to get the car mapped but as luck would have it, "top-man-eldos" car was exactly the same spec as mine to every last engine/ exhaust mod. We therefore came to a deal on his ECU set which has been rolling roaded at 211bhp

So, it's all back together again with fresh oil and fluids and fired up straight away. I was toying with doing a track day today at Anglesey but I left it too late to get a trailer sorted so would have to have driven there which I don't really fancy.
Instead, I've taxed and insured it for a year last night so I can now easily take it to a few local places for some jobs I want doing. For example its booked in at a local rolling road later today just to make sure its running as it should- will be interesting to compare to the original dyno graph (going back to the same place in the interests of a fair test).

Will update later with numbers but it feels and sounds incredible

Last edited by ZS Phil; 19-03-16 at 10:05 AM.
ZS Phil is offline   Reply With Quote