View Single Post
Old 31-03-16, 05:15 PM   #183
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Pedal Box Rebuilt with added switch for flat shift. Future plans are to go with adjustable pedal box to provide better control over the braking.

Small 56mm TB has been replaced with a big bore 60mm unit, Andy Cowen @C&C engineering bored it through to remove the steps. He then made up a new butterfly. New turbo will need a 70mm TB to reach full potential but that also mean new pipwork and intercooler mods, it will Wait !!

Intercooler / Radiator:

Then made a start on the rear chassis. Inside was already stitched but underneath still needed to be done, not something i was looking forward to. Week of prep before i could even get the welder out.

Shop of horror's covered with sealer, Missed welds and panels that dont even meet up & i thought the front was bad :-)))

Done and what a fecking pain in arse, never again without flipping the car. Trying to weld upside down to different thickness metals then throw in seam sealer still squeezed in there for good measure

oh i also welded in a lower brace at the same time:

Next stage was clean down seal and paint. I used Por-15 and Por top coat but u have to follow its prep to the letter. It took a week to get it prepared, followed by 7hrs painting but very happy with how it came out.

more to follow :-))

Last edited by sneekyparrot; 31-03-16 at 05:17 PM.
sneekyparrot is offline   Reply With Quote