Thread: Daily diesel
View Single Post
Old 06-05-16, 09:54 AM   #50
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Yeah there has often been a lot of debate about the 200's, they are probably the same nozzles that the early "wingy" injectors used, and they had really poor atomisation.

We might just be hitting the point where the engines are just not as efficient as they need to be with the OE parts. 200bhp is x2 more power than the engine was rated at originally don't forget!

I've ported the head on mine gently, and when I fit the turbo it'll have a more freeflowing exhaust manifold too.

I did get a set of custom injectors made up, 220bar break pressure and 6 holes to help with atomisation.

I tested them in with the stage 2 hybrid and they were too much, took them out after 3 journeys. I am hoping that they'll be ok with the new turbo, with basically no fuel requested in the map.

I'd not suggest you go down the same route of trying them, unless you have a dyno or a remapper to hand to tune them (I will do both when they are swapped for the existing SDI hybrids after a bedding in period for the other components)
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote