View Single Post
Old 19-05-16, 12:02 AM   #80
Big-Jay

Big-Jay has a spectacular aura aboutBig-Jay has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillen View Post
Had a good tap around mine when it was all apart and it all seems pretty good! Was pretty suprised but most of its life was down south before I got it and sealed it up in the boxes before using it a lot at the border

Wonder if it was because it was from across th border with wetter weather and more salt on the roads?

Should last ages now though!
My thinking exactly !

I believe it'd gone like it had due to the harsher weather up north, and like you say the salt has a big part to play in it too.

I went to pick a few bits up the other day from a chap called Tony who deals with these cars, and he had a partially stripped yellow ZS (front end removed) up on some ramps. Had a look around it and couldn't believe how solid it was ! He said he'd never seen one go where mine had before, making exception for the jacking points of course.

Anyway, I suppose it's all redundant now as she's been repaired with fresh panels so should last me a good long while hopefully !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
What an effort, top work.
Saw this drive past at this years POL, instantly recognisable with the black spoiler.
Cheers bud,

Gutted it was cancelled this year ! Even though people still parked up on the road outside it just wasn't the same.

Didn't stay long though as it was all getting a bit hectic, seen a good few close calls whilst I was there so thought better of it !
Big-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote