View Single Post
Old 26-08-16, 10:05 AM   #22
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Being honest, I'm in a very similar boat.

I've had my time wasted by some-one who has let me down, and the ZS has sat outside some-one else's workshop for 11 months now because the part I need could arrive "at any time" but hasn't.

When I ordered the mustang, I was expecting the ZS to be back on the drive, and I'd have two cars, take whichever one takes my fancy pending the destination.

I know for a fact that the mustang is faster and more refined in almost every conceivable way to the ZS, and yet I think on a B-road blast, the ZS could well do the trip faster if I was pressing on most def if in the wet, because I know it so well, and am not apprehensive of the performance catching me out.

I'm hoping that when I do eventually see the ZS again, I get in it and fall back in love - otherwise it will be being sold or stripped and scraped.

The only thing that has stopped me tell Matt to strip the car as it stands is the following: I know I will regret not seeing the project through to completion, the money sunk into it is written off already, but until it is finished it would be truly wasted, and I hate wasting anything!

So ask yourself, if you get rid of something you've had for 12 years is it going to hurt short, medium or long term - and can you find something else that can conceivably give you the same joy in your price range?

Cars are just objects, but anything you have around for that sort of time creates a larger bond that people like us find hard to shake....
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote