View Single Post
Old 01-01-17, 11:28 AM   #230
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNDQ View Post
Top job mate well done there is some funny questions isn't there, as you say other than flags common sense should get you though really I'm sure I had that question about license to. I think I will be running in 750's hot hatch series. Cant believe you got to use a ZS mine was a 308GTI
I've not really looked into that, whats made you lean that way rather than the MG champs? The 308 uses the 1.6 mini turbo engine doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
Cams, non standard ratio's or a diff will put you out of class B of the Peter Best and into class 'C'
The V6 is a class 'C' only car in the Cockshoot.

Race fees and dates are very similar for both.

There are more ZS's in the cockshoot, basically all the ZS guys bar Peter Burchill run in the Cockshoot.

Cockshoot Class C can run slicks and full race wets, you could run road tyres also.
Peter Best is road tyres only.

The new gen road tyres are fast, not much slower than a slick.
New Gen wets, such as rainsport 3 are fast in the wet.
Whilst there are gains in full race tyres, they are not huge amounts faster like yesteryear or like some trackday heroes think they are.

Brand new race tyres are more money than road tyres, but you can pick up used slicks for very little money and race wets, whilst rare are not much used.

I looked seriously at the Peter Best for 2017, only to be told by hierarchy that there will be such little interest and attendees in class C that its not worth bothering with!!!

The ZS struggles in parity against the ZR190 at most circuits (this is not a held belief in the Peter Best, but TSL timing evidence supports what I say) but at least you will be racing against other ZS's in the cockshoot.
Hmm, pros and cons for each really. How many ZS's are out this season do we think in the Cockshoot? Be interesting to hear why Peter went over to Peter Best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
270 cams, intake is free but standard throttle body must be retained!!!
That explains your facebook post then!