View Single Post
Old 13-02-17, 01:10 PM   #86
Big-Jay

Big-Jay has a spectacular aura aboutBig-Jay has a spectacular aura about
Not much progress made this weekend as it took me two days to strip down the rear running gear. Almost all of the bolts where rusted solid in place and many of the heads sheared off upon trying to undo them. I did try the blowtorch and mole grip approach to no avail so ended up welding thicker bolts to what was left of the threads and got them out that way.

Absolute nightmare as doing it that ways extremely time consuming.

Anyway, here's all the bits I've taken down to the powder coaters today -

There's still the fuel tank, tank straps, rear calipers, gear linkages and some more exhaust shields to be done but they'll go down next week as I'm giving the tank plenty of time to air out before it's blasted and coated.

Another payday and more bits bought, put an order into DMGRS last week for all of the bits I need to sort the engine out, they arrived on Friday, along with the traditional chewy sweet -

I also ordered a stainless Janspeed Sports Cat from DCPerformance, it quotes on the website a 3-4 week lead time but it arrived after just a week and a half so I was well impressed by that ! Here it is -

System's starting to come together -

Digging those manifolds out reminded me that I've still got to get a new lambda sensor boss welded onto the down pipe and then have it polished up.

Not too sure what cat back system I want yet, there's not too much readily available off the shelf for a 180, and of what there is I don't really fancy a Piper system. By chance I managed to speak to Kevin (aka KevG on here) over on Facebook last night and finally found out what cat back exhaust system my old XPG Saloon has.

Been bugging me for ages as I'd really like to have something similar on my current ZS when the time comes for it, the noise's that system made where something else !

Turns out it's a bespoke system, had an inkling it might be as when I had it off before I couldn't see any brand markings on it, and was made by Meerkat Exhausts up in Kilbirnie. Will give them a phone call over the next few weeks and see if I can't get one made up and sent down to me. Not too sure if that'll work though as they made need the car, but If that fails Kev gave me some details on the system so will look into having something made up locally. Pretty sure there's a Power-flow outlet in Redditch so may go there.

Finally, bought some stainless ZS kickplates which arrived today -

Got a few other bits I'm waiting on, but will put some pictures up of those the weekend.

Jay.
Big-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote