Thread: T16 mot
View Single Post
Old 02-04-17, 05:00 PM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Popped into Kwik-Fit this morning to get exhaust sealed. Too many joints blowing, they said it really needs some sections welding as there are too many joints, makes sense. So this afternoon I removed the whole system so I could clean the joints and assess the situation. There is a couple of joints where the splits are too long and not overlapping the other pipe. The front pipe has a bracket on the overlap, bit of a bodge. Anyway tried setting up the MIG welder to weld stainless but that went a bit wrong. Gas pipe blew off, nearly shat meself So doubt if I can get it re-assembled and re-MOT'd before PoL. Had a bit of a downer today, feels like my MGs are never going to get finished! Days like today I hate cars and wished I never liked them!