View Single Post
Old 09-04-17, 03:38 PM   #14
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Thanks for the comments. Had a better day, did a few things this morning as planned. A neighbour offered assistance if I wanted it. So I got pushed outside. A fresh look at the situation, moved the car and decided to work on the offside. My neighbour Pete (must have been a omen there!) swung the dead blow mallet whilst I held the 4x4 bit of wood, managed to get it on some more. Still around 5/16" short but thought ****** it, it'll have to do. Made up a fill-in piece and covered the piece that may still blow. Got the rest of the system attached then tightened each joint until I got it sitting right. All good and no blowing! Off out for a test drive, fingers crossed. Car booked in this Thursday for final work. Feel shattered though. A lazy evening ahead and a cold beer!