View Single Post
Old 18-04-17, 08:07 AM   #8
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
I'd say that pending your funds, it would not be too expensive to get yours looking good again and running well, without the hassle of the engine swap.

before you re-spray it, get it properly detailed, yourself or a pro - try to find 2nd hand handles in the right colour same with bumpers & door - may well be cheaper (pending your eye for detail)

Do you mean mould on the seats or a lump? if mould, then a good clean will sort that too... I know mine have had mice and mould set up shop in it over the years!

the other electrical niggles you would possible have yourself as part of an engine swap if you are tapping into the loom, so I'd say work your way round the earths and the connectors and make sure they are not corroded, probably just a connection issue in most cases I'd guess.

I'd be more tempted to get it running right in the current situation again, then consider a swap over if you find a nice doner you'd rather use.....
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote