Thread: Mk2 Cill's
View Single Post
Old 10-06-17, 05:05 PM   #9
LozMachine
Site Supporter

LozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Funny you mentioning this, ever since I've had T16 I've noticed the dimples in the mk2 sills. I guess the mk1 used better quality clips? Can't see formed sills in ally being cheap to make. The fixings need looking at as well and doubt that'll be cheap to sort unless a generic stainless clip is found and the sills adapted to accept them? However if you live on the coast the stainless and ally don't mix well. Could be some interest if correct method and parts sourced.
Made of alloy I was hoping the amount of fixing points needed would be considerably less than the plastic item, stainless and alloy are not that reactive together, not like stainless and galvanised where you get the risk of galvanic corrosion . I will email the cad drawing next week and see what prices I can get back , hopefully not too expensive, after all its quite a simple piece of forming ,with it being both flat (sides) and straight.